It doesn't have to be a trip through the Simpson Desert to get your soft top dirty. Just driving to the shop can do that. But what do you do to clean it? Here's a bit of advice from Dean of Straight Line Motor Trimming which he offered to members at the June General Meeting.
- Keep it clean. Wash regularly with warm water and nothing stronger than a little quality kitchen detergent.
- If it's really, really dusty you could blow some off first with an air compressor.
- Definitely regularly blow out lift-the-dots with the compressor.
- If necessary use a little squirt of silicone spray.
- Same with zippers.
- When lifting-the-dot be sure to slide the clip to front of post before lifting.
- On the roof and clears a light spray with Mr. Sheen and a rub will increase waterproofing.
- If dripping through the seams annoys you can seal the seans using a wax stick and a hairdryer.
And here's one for the books - or should that be bots. If you have tombstone seats Straight Line now have seat warmers with or without built in massage!