This is what you will see when you are marking a corner in a convoy.
- If you are in this position it is because you were Second in the convoy when the leader made a significant change of direction.
- As a result, you pulled over SAFELY and indicated to following vehicles where they should go.
- When the Last in the convoy appears it pulls in behind you, or otherwise indicates you should move back in, perhaps by flashing lights, and you move out into Second Last place.
- First and Last in a convoy always remain First and Last.
- Any other vehicle will change its position when corner marking takes place, but no one overtakes in a convoy.
- It may not be that everyone has the opportunity to corner mark. It simply depends on the number of significant changes of direction and the number in the convoy.
Two Types of Moke Making Dust
Photos were taken on Sunday March 27 on the Southwest Tour led by Mark Radford. 32 Mokes arrived at the Moora Working Draft Horse Muster. Not quite so many disappeared into the bush to visit the old Whroo Gold Mine site.
This Moke belongs to Jan and Colin Louden. It's called Farkles!!! and was officially declared the Sexiest Moke at the Muster Dinner on the night of Sunday 27th.
Show & Shine in the Round
Check out this video on VIC MOKE, the MOAV You Tube channel.
Annual Easter Raffle
In recent years the MOA has conducted a raffle to raise funds for the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal. This year we are changing things a little:
- Still having a raffle.
- Still supporting sick kids.
- This time though our fund raising will go to the Clown Doctors…
Clown Doctors dose sick children in hospital with fun and laughter!
Clown Doctors visit all wards including intensive care and oncology, and most clinics including emergency and burns. Children can forget their illness for a moment and return to a world of fantasy and play. It's hard to keep a sad face when the Clown Doctors come in!
- First Prize … a huge storage bucket with heaps of items for the garage and home and cosmetics for 'you know who'.
- Second Prize… a range of Nutrimetics products generously donated by Ann Klock.
- Combined value of the prizes is over $250!
Being of some good in the community is one of key objectives of the club.
- Support the kids.
- Support the Clown Doctors.
- Purchase tickets in the Moke Owners' Annual Easter Raffle.
- $2 each … or 3 for $5 … or 7 for $10
Purchase at the Shepparton Muster or by direct debit to the club account:
- Name: Moke Owners Association
- Bank: Bendigo Bank
- BSB: 633000
- Account Number: 111081154
- Drawn at the Sunday night Presentation Dinner at the Muster
Great news for all Moke Owners
This Friday (March 4th) Minis Plus are throwing open their doors for FREE - that's right FREE inspections of your Moke.
They will give you a no obligation work list - just to make sure your vehicle is muster-worthy.
Please make sure you call them on 9729-1323 to book a time.
See you there - then see you in Shepparton!